Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2355 times)

kanikune

• Administrator
Introduction
« on: December 19, 2013, 10:08:32 PM »
I became interested of watches when I was reaching my 30th birthday and I wanted something special for me.
-Well, I ended up getting a mechanical watch and in the process I decided I am going to service it by myself.
So, here I am, reaching for that goal.
I started this forum, because I think I'm not the only one interested fixing my own piece. It's not impossible - though it's not easy either.

The main purpose for this forum is to provide easy access to various techniques needed in the watch overhaul/repair process.
While I've been dealing with watches, I've hoarded some watch utilities. These will be up for grasps in the near future.

What's you story?

clockwatcher

Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 02:01:25 AM »
Hi Kanikune!
I found your forum when looking for information on servicing Omegas. Your walkthrough of a cal.268 was great.

I have come to appreciate mechanical watches much later than you - I am over twice your age - but the affliction that is watch fever has infected me! I started by watching videos and reading various forums and, as I became more informed about watches and watch repair, I started to buy watches.

At first I had no direction and I bought watches that were interesting to look at. Then I made decisions about which watches attracted me - could I buy quality watches at a good price?

I now have a reasonable collection of good vintage watches - Omegas, Favre-Leubas, Roamers - but all at a reasonable price.

I have a collection of tools including a watch cleaner and will soon have a dedicated workspace for my watch repairing.

When I finally begin to service my watches I hope I can do as good a job as you.

John
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:05:56 AM by clockwatcher »

Adisark

Re: Introduction
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 12:58:08 PM »
A good introduction to the story is more interesting.